At Saci International School, work through projects has been developed in Early Childhood Education, Elementary and Bilingual Program classes. It involves the students on the teaching-learning process and the teacher becomes a researcher along with the group.
At Saci International School, Work through Projects occurs alongside Montessori System since:
- It conceives learning as the main process by which the human being designs and builds his or her own life, and therefore avoids artificial mechanisms of punishment and reward, which enables self-education opportunities;
- It encourages the children to explore and investigate their interests - things they like to do and would like to learn - and give the teacher the responsibility for finding ways, starting from the children’s interests, to make the children's activity useful in developing competencies and basic skills necessary for them to become able to dream their own dreams and turn them into reality inside and outside the school.
- It opens the largest possible space for the active involvement of the children, not only in the design and the development of their learning projects, but also in its implementation and evaluation. This involvement not only motivates them (as it’s related to their interests) but also makes their learning active and meaningful.
- It establishes a close relationship between the learning that happens in school, life and the experience of the children, restoring the link between cognitive processes and their vital processes, because the subjects that the children choose to research emerge, inevitably, from issues related to their life and experiences that they believe are important and, therefore, they are interested in learning more;
- Provides learning from concrete experiences, emotions and evocation of the senses
- Growing a sense of community in the school through praise to actions of solidarity and responsibility that contribute to a peaceful and harmonious school environment.